We are happy to say that current conditions make it possible for us to reopen Playmates because, just as when we closed back in March, it now feels like the right
thing to do. If, at any time, that changes we will not hesitate to close again. That principle will continue to guide us as we all continue on this journey back to better times. We will reopen this
Monday, June 15 at 7:30 AM.
This message is our way of letting you know what you can expect when you return to Playmates and how we can work together while following guidance from the CDC,
Orange County Health, and the State of California that will allow us to provide the healthiest environment for you and your children when they visit. That guidance has led us to develop new policies
and procedures. We will be following all CDC guidance with regard to continual surface cleaning and hand washing or the use of hand sanitizer. We are focused on keeping this virus out of Playmates.
We have also made changes to our hours and rates. You can view those changes at playmateswcc.com
Drop off/pick up
Parents will wear masks when checking in and picking up children. We will be using our lobby for drop off and pick up. Because the lobby is a small space, one
family at a time will occupy that space. The sign in sheet will be available in the lobby. Please bring your own pen. After signing in, we will open the locked door to the center and ask your
children to enter. At the door, we will assess their health and take their temperature. Parents can exit the lobby at that time. At pick up, after we have seen you leave your signature, we will
process your payment and then your children will leave the center. They will have their hands sanitized before exiting. This process will be slower than what your are accustomed to. Please allow
extra time. We cannot rush this even if you are running late.
- We require school age children to wear masks. If your preschooler would like to wear a mask, that would be great.
- Our goal is to also maintain social distancing per guidance from licensing. Please let your children know that what you have already told them about distancing
will apply at Playmates as well.
- Absolutely no toys can be brought from home. This includes comfort items.
- Electronic entertainment may be brought from home. WiFi is available. No sharing of these items with other children.
- All items for preschoolers and school age children must be in a bag. No loose diapers, wipes, or extra clothing please. Bags should be labeled with child's name.
Sippy cups should also be labeled.
- Water from home should come in a refillable container with child's name. Tap water will be available for refills. Our drinking fountain will not be in
- If you wish to send hand sanitizer from home, please have it in a ziploc bag inside their bag of belongings.
- Food from home must be ready to eat finger food. We will not reheat anything. Eating utensils will not be available. Please have food in a cooler type bag. We will
not be placing lunch bags in the fridge.
- If you would like to minimize contact when paying, we can set up prepaid accounts and draw from that when you visit. Deposits can be made in increments of $25. We
can process payments over the phone.
Hope to see you soon
John, Elizabeth, and Michelle